Attractive stone building erected in 1612 to replace 12th-century kirk in Gullane which was ‘continewallie overblawin with sand’. Archerfield Aisle added 1650, first example of neo-classical design in Scotland. Tower crowned with Gothic pinnacles in 1836. Interesting examples of stained glass, including ‘St Francis and the Animals’, Margaret Chilton 1936. Also modert glass installations. The church looks onto the attractive village green of this pretty village.
Open daily 9am to 5pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.