This ancient building owes its foundations to an early chapel built by the Comyn family at the end of the 12th or beginning of the 13th century. The chapel fell into disuse after the Reformation but was rebuilt in 1650 and greatly extended 1659. The wallheads were raised and galleries inserted at the end of the 18th century.
Sundays: 10.15am (11.00am on the first Sunday of March, June, September and December)
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.