A visible testimony to a heart-felt faith. Designed by John Gall of Aberdeen, 1827-9, but completed in 1844 by Bishop James Kyle, replacing a simple ‘mass-house’ further upstream. The scenic rural site overlooks the River Livet, farmland and hills, now scantily populated. Gothic Revival church with pinnacled west front and lofty, elegant vaulted interior lit by large traceried windows. The former chancel served as the presbytery until 1862 when replaced by a neighbouring house, and then as a school until 1903.
Sunday: 9.30 am every 3rd Sunday in rotation with Tomintoul and Chapeltown
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.