Carinish Church, North Uist
Address: , Clachan na Luib , HS6 5HD
Local Authority: Western Isles
Built 1889 for the Clachan na Luib Free Church, architect Thomas Binnie of Glasgow. Considerable difficulty was experienced procuring the site from Sir William Powlet Campbell Orde, Bart. After lengthy negotiations he reluctantly gave the present site at an annual rental of £3.9s. The congregation became United Free until 1929 when they became part of the Church of Scotland.
Sundays: 11.00 am and 6.00 pm in English, unless otherwise announced
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.