Built in 1860 to designs by James Henderson and enlarged later by Robert Baldie, the church contains chancel furnishings designed in 1904 by the eminent Scottish architect, Charles Rennie Mackintosh. The church has an attractive timber roof and excellent stained glass windows by the Kempe family, Ballantine and Adam. Organ by Lewis, 1884, with additions. Separate new organ 2008 by Johannus Makin. New halls, 2008, of environmentally friendly design and materials with ground-source heat pump. Consisting of Church Office, Vestry, large hall with mezzanine, and meeting room, kitchen and toilets.
Open Saturdays July and August 10.30am-12noon or by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.