Bower Church of Scotland
Address: Bower , KW1 4TT
Local Authority: Highland
Built 1847, architect William Davidson. Re-casting and alterations, architect Donald Leed 1902. Finialled and panelled Gothic screen flanks pulpit. Unusual in that two long windows which formerly flanked the pulpit are in the north, not south, wall. Stained glass window dedicated to Sir John Sinclair, 7th Baronet of Dunbeath. Mural Memorials to members of Henderson and Sinclair families and plaque in memory of Zachary Pont, minister 1605-13, and his wife Margaret, daughter of John Knox. Ongoing restoration work has uncovered bronze bell from pre-Reformation church.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.