On an ancient site, the church was rebuilt in 1804 and 1877 and again rebuilt beautifully in 1914 by T Greenshields Leadbetter as a cruciform church with a tower over the main west entrance. The church has a plaque commemorating Bishop Turnbull, founder of Glasgow University in 1451. Stained glass, including Guild centenary window 1992 and windows by Douglas Strachan 1922. Memorial with interesting link to wartime ‘Enigma’ decoding project. A copy of the Church Recorders inventory is available in the church vestibule. Fine views over Rule Valley to Ruberslaw.
Sundays: 9.30am or 11.00am, usually every three weeks, times change every four months: see notice-board for details.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.