Church name

Alloway Parish Church

Denomination:   Church of Scotland
Address:   40 Alloway, Ayr, KA7 4PQ
Local Authority:   Ayrshire
Listing:    B
Church Website

Church Overview

Built in 1858, to the plans of architect Campbell Douglas. South transept added in 1877, chancel built and nave extended in 1890. Excellent stained glass including Stephen Adam, Clayton & Bell, Gordon Webster, W & J J Keir. James Crombie memorial window to D F McIntyre, pilot on first flight over Mount Everest in 1933. Two windows by Susan Bradbury were installed in 1996, one depicting the four seasons, the other in memory of Robert Burns. Three further Bradbury windows were added in 2001, enhancing the porch and sanctuary area throughout with stained glass. Sunday Service 9.45am and 11.15am.

 

Services

Sundays: at 9.45am and 11am (except during schools’ summer recess when there is a single family service at 10.30am).

Opening Arrangements

Contact the church directly via their website to arrange access at other times.

 

Guide book available Access for partially abled  Induction loop for the deaf toilets available 

Image Gallery

Click image to open gallery.

Contact "this church".

11 + 3 =

Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.