Directions to your Church
On B709, 7 miles north-west of Langholm
Location of Church
Contact this Church
Pleasing Victorian church of 1881 by James Burnet, now fully restored from its former uninhabitable condition; restoration supervised by Richard Jaques of York. A fine organ of like period has been installed. Twelve new stained glass windows showing natural life in the Westerkirk valley, including a window commemorating the Golden Jubilee of 2002 donated by the community. In the graveyard is the Johnson Mausoleum, a classical Greek cross by Robert Adam 1790.
Church of Scotland service 2.30pm on first Sunday (except July and August); Episcopal services approximately four times a year (see local press)
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.