St Mary's Church, Stirling
Location of Church
Contact this Church
Nave-and-aisles Gothic Revival church by Pugin & Pugin, 1904-5, in red Dumfriesshire sandstone with crisp details. Lofty vaulted interior - 50 feet from the floor to the apex of the roof. The shafts supporting the main ribs of the roof rest on corbels beautifully carved as angels playing on various musical instruments. Furnishings of rich pine and pews of American oak. The church is lit by eleven aisle and fourteen clerestory windows.
Saturday Vigil: 6.15 pm, Sunday Mass: 11.30 am, Weekday Mass: 10 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.