St James the Great, Crookston, Glasgow
Directions to your Church
Junction with Crosstobs Road
Location of Church
Contact this Church
To contact this church please call the number below.
0141 882 4927
Parish established in 1949 and the present building by Alexander McAnally was opened in 1968. The external walls are of pink Accrington brick with stone dressings and a stone façade. Inside the walls are of cream brick and the ceiling is of cedarwood. Wrought-iron work by Thomas Bogie and Sons of Edinburgh. The circular nave can seat 544. The high altar is of various marbles.
Saturday 9.45am, Vigil 5.30pm; Sunday 11.00am, daily Mass 9.45am
Open daily from 8.00am-11.00am, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8.00am-8.00pm
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.