St Columbkille's Church, Rutherglen
Location of Church
Contact this Church
Magnificent church, Coia 1940, replacing original church founded in 1851. Modern adaptation of an Italian basilica in red brick with stone margins. Massive façade with five tall windows and five statues by Archibald Dawson of Christ and the four Evangelists. Sacred Heart Chapel by Walter Pritchard. Stations of the Cross by Miss McGeechan.
Vigil Mass Saturday 5.30pm; Sunday Masses 9.00am, 10.30am, 12.00 noon and 4.00pm
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.