St Bartholomew's, Gourock
Location of Church
Contact this Church
This beautiful little church sits on a cliff overlooking the River Clyde. Designed by J C Sharp of Gourock 1867. Chancel extension enhanced by a beautiful window depicting the Ascension designed by George Walton. Mural of the Nativity on the west wall. Memorial lectern and font. Plaque of Dutch tiles in remembrance of the hospitality given to Dutch soldiers, sailors and airmen during the Second World War.
Sung Eucharist 9.30am, Holy Communion Wed 10.30am.
Open by arrangement
Images relating to St Bartholomew's, Gourock are shown here, click on an image to view a larger version.
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.