Markinch Parish Church
Location of Church
Contact this Church
To contact this church, please click the button below. This will take you to the 'Contact us' page of the church's website. Please note Scotland's Churches Trust is not responsible for content on external websitesContact this church
Originally named St Drostan, after the 6th-century missionary. Records show the site has been a place of worship for almost 1,500 years. The Norman tower is 12th century; the body of the church was built 1768-88 and designed by Thomas and George Barclay. Session house by E Robert Hutchison 1839. Organ chamber by Gillespie & Scott 1913. Clock of 1839.
by arrangement with the Session Clerk (use 'Contact this Church' box) or Gavin Brown, Church Officer - Tel: 01592 756976
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.