Kells Parish Church, New Galloway
Location of Church
Contact this Church
Built in 1822 to a design by William McCandlish. A granite T-plan church with three-stage square tower at the centre of south wall. Interior mainly reconstructed in 1911 following original layout. Galleries on three sides with pulpit on long south wall. Notable churchyard with three 'Adam and Eve' stones of 1706-7, and a delightful upright for Captain Gordon's gamekeeper, John Murray.
Sunday: 10.30am, not first Sunday
Open by arrangement
Images relating to Kells Parish Church, New Galloway are shown here, click on an image to view a larger version.
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.