Highland Parish Church, Campbeltown
Location of Church
Contact this Church
To contact this church, please click the button below. This will take you to the 'Contact us' page of the church's website. Please note Scotland's Churches Trust is not responsible for content on external websitesContact this church
'To be causewayed with whinstone and paved with hewn flags. The lock on the front door to be of 20/- value and the rest to have snecks and wooden bolts': the instruction of the architect George Dempster of Greenock, for a new church, built for the Highland, Gaelic-speaking, congregation of the area, and completed in 1807. Harled rubble with red sandstone dressings, an oblong with rectangular stair towers at each end of the front. Three galleries. The planned belfry was not large enough for the heritors, so a steeple was built; it has been rebuilt twice since, the casualty of lightning strikes. Allen Renaissance organ, 2000. The organ screen bears a memorial to the fallen of the Second World War.
Sunday: 11.15am and 6.30pm, except July and August
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.