Coldstream Parish Church
Location of Church
Contact this Church
The square church tower is a distinctive feature of Coldstream. The tower and the west entrance are part of the original church built in 1718. The rest of the church was rebuilt in 1905 to a design by J M Dick Peddie. A classical nave and aisles church with barrel-vaulted roof supported by eight Tuscan columns. A fine stone pulpit in front of the semi-circular chancel arch. The church contains many reminders of its close association, along with the town, with the Coldstream Guards. The King's and Regimental Colours hang in the chancel. Plaque to the Rev Adam Thomson who formed the Coldstream Free Bible Press in 1845, thus breaking the monopoly held by Oxford and Cambridge Universities and the King's printers in Scotland.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.