Church of the Sacred Heart, Penicuik
Location of Church
Contact this Church
To contact this church, please click the button below. This will take you to the 'Contact us' page of the church's website. Please note Scotland's Churches Trust is not responsible for content on external websitesContact this church
Built in a plain Gothic style in 1882 as a chapel school; it may be the only (Catholic) chapel school still in use. Altar by Robert Thomson of Yorkshire, known as the 'Mouse-man of Kilburn' after his endearing habit of carving a small mouse onto each piece of his distinctive and highly prized items of furniture. Stations of the Cross by Vampoulles. To mark the centenary, the church was extended in 1982 by Gilbert Gray. The curved roof connecting the old and new is a striking feature.
Saturday Vigil 6.00pm, Sunday 11.00am;
Wednesdays and Fridays 9.30am.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.