Carsphairn Parish Church
Directions to your Church
On A713, 10 miles north of St John's Town of Dalry
Location of Church
Contact this Church
White-painted rectangular hall-church of 1815 built to replace church of 1636 damaged by fire. Birdcage bellcote on the east gable. Apse and porch added and the windows given their present appearance re-ordered in 1931-3. The west gallery was added in 1840. The interior was re-ordered in 1931-3 retaining the mid-18th century enclosed central communion table. The communion table in the apse and the pulpit date from 1931-3. Stained glass in the apse, of St Paul, Our Lord as the Good Shepherd and St Andrew, are by R Douglas McLundie. Memorial plaques to John Semple, Covenanting minister, and John Loudon MacAdam, roads pioneer. Covenanter's grave.
Open by arrangement
Images relating to Carsphairn Parish Church are shown here, click on an image to view a larger version.
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.