Augustine United Church, Edinburgh
Location of Church
Contact this Church
To contact this church, please click the button below. This will take you to the 'Contact us' page of the church's website. Please note Scotland's Churches Trust is not responsible for content on external websitesContact this church
Built 1857-61 by J J & W H Hay with Romanesque, Renaissance and Classical elements. The projecting centre is carried up as the 'bride's-cake' tower, restored 2005. The Bradford computer organ of 1994 uses the pipes and case of the 1929 Ingram organ. Alterations by Stewart Tod & Partners 1995. Two stained glass windows by Robert Burns, formerly in the gallery, now the main floor. The church has an ecumenical outlook and is in covenant with Greyfriars Tolbooth and Highland Kirk and with St Columba's by the Castle. The home of Christian Aid in Scotland.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.